Monday, March 7, 2011

Shooting on campus

Shooting on campus

We have had 2 bomb threats this year and one report of someone with a gun on campus which turned out to be false. The cops on campus are on point but I guess they can't be everywhere at once. Once I left my trunk unlocked (not slammed all the way) and another time I left my door unlocked. Came back to my car both times campus police left a card and on back reminding me to lock my vehicle. So they are watching. That being said, alot of things happen and they dont' tell us about it. Not anymore, now they have a system in place to send all college students a text message of potential danger on campus. It ranges from anything from a HCL spill at a building that you have never ever seen to an armed assailant on campus. They even sent us this video via e mail and we had to click a link to say that we watched it. Any way I thought I'd share, the video is quite helpful giving tips about how to survive a college campus shooting. And most importantly they give you tips on how to respond to police when they see you so they know that you are not the threat.












__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment