Sunday, July 3, 2011

Message body

From my guy... :)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kyle 


For the record I saw the same thing.  I saw it as it is in today's time where no matter what the Jews do they are in the right I.E. killing Nazis even though any way you put it thats supporting vigilantism which is no better than murder by our own laws.  Whereas any threat foreign and domestic I.E. in this film non-mutants or mutants who didn’t support the supreme mutant agenda must be put out.  For some reason (yeah right) they chose a Black man to play the role of someone who went against the NWO of mutants and paid the consequence.  I saw this as showing the Blacks as the most likely to fight against the NWO and least reliable to support it.  Maybe I'm just bugging out though.
----- Original Message -----
From: RZ
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: Discussion Topic - X Men: First Class

Two things....I'm SO HAPPY that I saw Green Lantern on bootleg.  IMHO...as I predicted, it was a special efx suck fest. They should have watched the DVD extras from Blade I and learned that you never have a "formless" bad guy. *smh*

Second....I was watching this youtube video on metaphysics in the movies and they mentioned something that made something click for me. When Magneto 1st confronts Shaw on the ship and Emma Frosts throws him overboard Magneto is quick to remind her that "We don't harm our own kind."  But when Magneto goes after the young mutants at the CIA compound...he does NOT hesitate to KILL Darwin. As much as I liked the flick....and I'm still campaigning for a movie that's nothing but Magneto hunting down Nazis :).....I didn't fully understand why that bothered me...I just knew that it did.  Now I understand the message that the killing of Darwin was to show that Blacks are not viewed by "them" as their own kind. :|

Your thoughts.......

-RZ

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM, RZ <reubzilla@gmail.com> wrote:
Cosign.  I was waiting on a review from a "family" member. :)

-RZ


On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Eric Glover <brklynesq74@yahoo.com> wrote:


Thanks for the heads up.  

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 17, 2011, at 5:44 PM, "James Gulley" <jgulley21@gmail.com> wrote:
 
I saw Green Lantern today and I thought it was good.  The F/X weren’t too overdone, but they made the uniforms look sweet.  If you go see it, you’ll need to stay after the credits…..

From: ebonyvillage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ebonyvillage@yahoogroups.comOn Behalf Of RZ
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 3:10 AM
To: EBV
Subject: [ebonyvillage] Discussion Topic - X Men: First Class


I don't know about y'all but X Men: 1st Class imho is ALMOST on the same level of hardness as The Dark Knight was....and frankly I feel it owes a lot to Dark Knight for showing that certain comics have to be hard/dark in order to be profitable.  Here are a couple of things on my mind:

1. Magneto was da muthafuckin' MAN!!!! *nmh*  They could do an entire movie of him just hunting down Nazis and I'd pay to see it several times. *ckl*

2. The chick that played Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence, that chick is a certified pawg.  I KNOW I'm not the only person to peep that ass n thigh combo in those 60's style mini skirts.

3. As usual....the brotha got shyt on. *ckl* Then again....neither Marvel, DC or anyone in Hollywood will ever allow a Black character to get on the screen that's on the same plane as Magneto.  That would scare the shit out of White America. :)

I'm hyped to see what they do next and I truly hope they keep the films on this hard edge from here on out.

Your thoughts.......

-Reub

PS - Mark my words....Green Lantern is gonna be an overloaded special fx suckfest......and Captain America is gonna be off the hook!! Mark my words. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment