Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Message body

Hey Fam
I just wanted to pass this bit of information along
Some of you may be looking for work and I hope this will be helpful
I'm a carpenter and have been at if for some time
But I have to say it's been feast or famine
A lot of famine of late..........
Anyway my name was given to the EEO Compliance office and
They hooked me up with a job doing heavy construction ......
Building bridges and the like
I hope with all the talk about infrastructure investments that I will have work
 for more than just a few weeks....
The first contractor was exactly what I have done carpentry wise...
But they only seemed to need me when they were getting an inspection.......
About one week a month......(the hell with that)
These companies that get these large contracts are required to have minority participation in many cases.......
Now there are always some that will have an attitude about that but that's not my problem....
If the world was a "just" place minority compliance wouldn't be an issue........
Nevertheless I'm there representing because I've been in some form of construction for many years
I'd like to point out that even if you don't fully know construction but don't mind getting dirty and learning
There may be a need for laborers.......
They thought I was going to be a laborer(The black guy must be a laborer right?) 
 but I told them that wasn't the deal we discussed
Let me point out that a good laborer is worth a mint but I'm a little long in the tooth to start there.....

To the point.............................

All states have a Dept of the Treasury
and I would think there would be a EEO Compliance office there........
This one relates to N.J. but you guys are computer literate
and I'm sure you can find the comparable office relating to your state
There are more than just construction companies that need to meet these requirements
So don't dismiss this just because you aren't interested construction....

Also....Take Names and make yourself known.....if you need a job and haven't tried this
Give it a shot.....It would be great if this helped some of you.....
Times are tough.........this info helped me

New Jersey Department of the Treasury
Div. of Public Contracts EEO Compliance
P. O. Box 209
135 West Hanover Street, 3rd Floor
Trenton, NJ  08625-0209

Also......I'm still struggling to keep my blood pressure down.........
But it was down just long enough to pass the health exam the second time...
I bet it's up again as we speak but I'll keep working on it...
and trying to lose some weight.......6'2" 285 is too big not to be playing football....lol
Be well all......keep the faith
TTYL Mymanmyrt

No comments:

Post a Comment